Thursday, May 29, 2008

Calling All Moms and Experienced Baby Handlers




Does anybody know how to get a 7 month old to sleep through the night?

Just wondering.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My advice on this is not generally concidered the best by people, but usually works for me.

Let him scream.

Eventually he will go back to sleep. If for nothing else, he will tire himself from crying. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks, but eventually he won't get up any more.

It sucks and you still loose sleep, but it tends to work. And remember, crying doesn't hurt him. Some people think it does, but it doesn't.

You just have to get his body used to not getting up rather than getting up.

Then again, sometimes there are those kids that get in more and more in an uproar and can't go back to sleep...so hopefully he isn't one of those.

Karen said...

I might just try it. Usually I get annoyed by him crying, so I just get up and feed him because I know right after that he'll conk out again. It's all about the will power!

Anonymous said...

How's that workin' for ya?

Karen said...

Well, we decided to put him in the room with arianna (3 days ago) b/c we thought the dog was waking him up throughout the night. However, he's still waking up. But, I think he's just a light sleeper, because I'll walk in there to check on them and he hears the door open, footsteps, etc. So, I don't think there's any hope. He'll apparently wake up regardless.