Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Family Fun

This past Monday I took off work. Marty doesn't work on Mondays either, so we decided the previous Thursday that we would enjoy the pool at my parents house on Monday, since they are out of town on their Alaskan cruise.

Randomly, completely out of the blue, we decided to go to either Disney World of Sea World on Monday instead of the pool. So, we did some price checking and thought we'd take our Florida discount at Magic Kingdom. (by the way, you can't wait until you arrive to get the FL discount. You must preorder on the internet or go to a Disney Store ahead of time.)

Disney World it was. Afterall, kids 3 and under are free!!!
We had such a great time. We got some good use out of the double stroller. It was quite hot and I'm not a real big fan of being close to sweaty strangers all day. Therefore, we rode one ride. Well, that and my kids aren't really "ride ready" yet. But the playgrounds, trains, and water spouts were Howell kid ready!

First picture of the day, ready to have fun!





Only ride of the day: the carousel



Our family picture, but Bernie is hiding in the back of the stroller





A little scared of the parade



Uh, Mom, Do you really have to get a picture with this hat on me?


Cutest hats ever!



4 comments:

Camille said...

Looks like such a fun day!! I'm so jealous that you get to live so close to Disney - I'm begging Wes for a vacation there!

Anonymous said...

You guys look like you had so much fun! I am so excited for you and them!!!

Karen said...

It had been at least 6 years since I'd been to Disney, which seems like a lot for a Floridian but you do kind of get sick of it(I guess kids will do that to you.) However, we had such a good time even though it was sooo hot. I highly recommend you come here too, Roommate and WES!! That way I can see you and meet your man!!

Karen said...

It had been at least 6 years since I'd been to Disney, which seems like a lot for a Floridian but you do kind of get sick of it(I guess kids will do that to you.) However, we had such a good time even though it was sooo hot. I highly recommend you come here too, Roommate and WES!! That way I can see you and meet your man!!