As we're approaching the mall, Arianna figures out where we are going. She precedes to ask her typical series of questions: We going to the mall, Mom? We go to Chick-fil-A? We going to see Mimi and Papa? Is the cow going to be there?
I try to avoid that last question. Well I only avoid the last question if I know the cow will be there. If I know the cow will not be there, I promptly and firmly say NO.
As soon as we go to the activities at the mall, Arianna spots the cow and gets hysterical. This child starts shaking, and yells "NOOOOOO cow", and proclaims "I want to go home." You would think as a nice mom, I wouldn't subject her to such fears.
Fortunately, Papa has a few spare minutes, and whisks her away to distract her. They get a balloon and head down the way and end up at the candy store. And now after 5+ trips to the mall with cow around, Papa has successfully calmed her down. It's called The. Candy. Store.

In the end, Arianna still believes in Chick-fil-A, just as long as the cow is absent and the candy store is close!

Bubby's "I caught a fish!" balloon.
1 comment:
LOL! We've had the same thing happen, but as long as we stay AWAY from the cow, we're allowed to eat there!!
To answer your question on my blog, they are available as of this week - you can find it at http://www.ninjakitchen.com - it really is amazing!
Post a Comment