Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekend Recap

A few days later (as usual), but our weekend was so good, I don't want to forget!

Marty took Saturday off to play golf with some high school buddies. So this freed up a Saturday night (which has only happened 2 or 3 times in the past 4 years) so we went on a date! However, the best part was that Marty's sister, Erica, volunteered to take the kids overnight. (And for the record, a night without either kid has never happened in 4 years.)

Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures, but here is a cell phone pic on our way to Erica's.





Obviously, Marty and I were ecstatic (we also thought Erica was slightly crazy for asking of this arrangement) and had a great time together.
But, more importantly, Arianna and Bernie were apparently fantastic at their first sleepover. Bernie had never slept away from home and Arianna only twice.

Erica said she'd do it again!! Success!!!

I'm also taking orders for anybody else willing to one up Erica. A weekend. A full week. We'll take whatever. I'll even dedicate a blog post about you too.


On Sunday, we had (3) free tickets to Disney on Ice. We decided that Arianna would enjoy it more than Bernie, so he stayed with Mimi and Papa. Arianna LOVED it and was reluctant to clap after a performance because she thought it meant the whole show would have to be over. We saw Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and Donald Duck who were the hosts of the show. The performances were brief versions of Lion King (which we missed for being a few minutes late), The Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stitch ( I didn't care for this one) , and the 2nd half was all Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Arianna's favorite was Tinkerbell and now decided that's who she wants to be for Halloween.

Overall it was great husband and family time.
Marty got a free seat to the Rays and Yankees game on Tuesday night (4th row!) to cap it off.
The Rays lost that night, but that's because I wasn't there with him.

P.S. Don't forget the comments are open to sign up for a few nights with 2 wonderful kids!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for the weekend. You get them here...I'll keep 'em!!! Love, Seesa :)