Recently, we had Marty's 3 nieces and our 2 kids take a nice studio photo for his Mom's birthday in January. His sister, Erica, asked me to write a few things about our kids as she was also going to send a copy of the picture up to all of the family in New Jersey.
But, I am not creative at all. If I ever need a cute saying or phrase, I've always turned to my dear friend, Danielle, the elementary school teacher.
However, this time I wanted topretend I was an English teacher take the challenge myself.
So this is what we've got and I think I did a fairly decent job.
Bernard James Howell
At 15 months, little boy Bernie just started walking,
Yet he still lets his big sister do all the talking.
Stubborn boy Bernie still awakes through the night,
as his 27 pounds keeps his clothes tight.
At bathtime he splashes and kicks,
one of his favorite times to show his tricks.
Sissy's toys and dolls, he likes to take,
to get her attention, for heaven's sake.
His cozy blue blanket, he loves to chew,
but loves to play cars and trucks too.
And best of all, his sweet smile warms the heart
which gives your day the greatest start.
Arianna Rae Howell
Big Sissy Arianna likes to be the boss,
at two years old, this is no loss.
Colors and play-doh she could play all day,
too bad her Bubby usually gets in her way.
The books she reads and sentences she speaks,
still don't help out with those potty training leaks.
She still holds her blankie and sucks on her "pah",
and even calls herself Ari "nah-nah".
Her big blue eyes and cute hair curl,
could only mean she's a Daddy's girl.
But, I am not creative at all. If I ever need a cute saying or phrase, I've always turned to my dear friend, Danielle, the elementary school teacher.
However, this time I wanted to
So this is what we've got and I think I did a fairly decent job.
Bernard James Howell
At 15 months, little boy Bernie just started walking,
Yet he still lets his big sister do all the talking.
Stubborn boy Bernie still awakes through the night,
as his 27 pounds keeps his clothes tight.
At bathtime he splashes and kicks,
one of his favorite times to show his tricks.
Sissy's toys and dolls, he likes to take,
to get her attention, for heaven's sake.
His cozy blue blanket, he loves to chew,
but loves to play cars and trucks too.
And best of all, his sweet smile warms the heart
which gives your day the greatest start.
Arianna Rae Howell
Big Sissy Arianna likes to be the boss,
at two years old, this is no loss.
Colors and play-doh she could play all day,
too bad her Bubby usually gets in her way.
The books she reads and sentences she speaks,
still don't help out with those potty training leaks.
She still holds her blankie and sucks on her "pah",
and even calls herself Ari "nah-nah".
Her big blue eyes and cute hair curl,
could only mean she's a Daddy's girl.
1 comment:
That was too cute!
Post a Comment